Operations Manager Position at IACC (Plano Masjid)
IACC Operations Manager position is a full-time position reporting to IACC Shura/Amir. This job requires prior experience as an Office Assistant/Manager, preferably in a Non-profit Organization.
Candidates for the job should be capable enough to handle any situation that may arise during work, over the phone or in person. Candidates should be able to maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures, prioritizing tasks, preparing payroll, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, and procuring supplies as needed.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in payroll and time tracking with minimum assistance. Candidates should be proactive in keeping track of things and act professionally in accordance to Qur’an and Sunnah and observe ethical boundaries.
Candidates for the job should be humble enough to deal with all members of the community, teaching and non-teaching staff of IACC, IACC Volunteers, IACC Shura Members/Amir, Imam, and Residential Scholar. This is a public facing job, and the Operations Manager must be an ambassador of IACC.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a diploma (Bachelor’s degree will be preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience as an Operations Assistant/Manager
- Must have good communication, verbal and writing skills
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, and result-oriented
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Should have a dynamic personality that can interact with members of the community
- Ability to work with both brothers and sisters from different cultures and backgrounds
- Proven efficiency in computer skills and knowledge of the Office 365 Suite
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Knowledge of accounting, data, and administrative management practices and procedures
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- IACC will not sponsor any work visa
- Maintain regular and convenient office hours for community members
- Must be able to interact with all persons and organizations
- Ownership of MailChimp: drafting emails to send to the community regarding prayer time changes, Janazah prayers, events, weekly newsletter, Ramadan, Eid and other important announcements
- Liaise with all operational committees at the Masjid (e.g. Communications, IT, Operations, Parking, Events, Security and Parking, HR, Education etc.)
- Responsible for efficient functioning of an office through a range of administrative, financial, and managerial skills
- Ensure smooth functioning of day-to-day office operations
- Assist IACC Shura/Amir, Imam/Resident Scholar, and volunteers
- Responsible for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Coordinate with all committees of IACC
- Provide general support to community members
- Will be In-charge of procurement process