FIQH AND THE FOUR SCHOOLS
A History of Islamic Law and the Madhhabs
In this course the students will trace the development of Islamic Law from the era of the Prophet ﷺ through the early generations until the emergence of the Four Schools of Sunni Jurisprudence. Class discussion will include:
- Fiqh During the Era of the Prophet ﷺ
- Fiqh During the Era of the Companions
- Fiqh During the Era of the Successors
- The Life & Times of Imam Abū Ḥanīfa
- The Life & Times of Imam Mālik
- The Life & Times of Imam Shāfiʿī
- The Life & Times of Imam Aḥmad
- Causes of Disagreement Among Scholars
- Ijtihād & Taqlīd in Islamic Law
Philips, Abu Ameenah Bilal, Evolution of Fiqh, International Islamic Publishing House (IIPH).
Muhammad, Abu Zahra, The Four Imams, Dar al-Taqwa.
NOTE: Discounts are available for student who enroll in more than one class (click here for Discount policy)
Fee: $50 (non-refundable)
For financial aid, please email email@example.com
(for registered students only)
Lectures available through Taqwa Student Portal click here for Accessing FQH101 Lectures
NOTE: it will require Microsoft login (please use the same you have provided to TaqwaIT)
Click here to walk through video tutorial of how to access lectures, before reaching out TaqwaIT.
Please reach out TaqwaIT@planomasjid.org for any issue accessing lectures.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org