In Arabic, the root of the word maʿrifa (ʿa-r-f) is linked to a sense of continuity and to a feeling of rest and tranquility. The word maʿrifa connotes deep knowledge that requires reflection and deliberation, that is learned so well that it actually becomes experiential.
At a time when the teachings of Islam are constantly under attack, when we find a myriad of opinions about every religious matter and people quoting the Quran and Sunna to promote their own interpretations of Islam, it has become more important than ever to take a serious, structured, and well-grounded approach to learning the sacred sciences. The Marifa Program provides a comprehensive 3-year curriculum of part time classes in Islamic studies for college students, young professionals, and adults with the following objectives:
- To realize how little we know
- To appreciate the richness of the Islamic scholarly tradition
- To distinguish normative Islam from its aberrant interpretations
- To develop the ability to answer questions about Islam with clarity and accuracy
- To become inspired to practice Islam with conviction, sincerity, and excellence
Click HERE to see our curriculum of courses