In this course students will learn the legal rulings pertaining to purification, prayer, fasting, charity and pilgrimage based on a classical primer in the madhhab of their choice (Ḥanafī or Shāfiʿī). Additionally, students will explore the spiritual dimensions of purification, prayer, fasting, and pilgrimage.
- To learn:
- what Islamic law is all about in general;
- the fiqh of the school of Imām Abū Ḥanīfa or Imām Shāfiʿī in particular.
- To appreciate:
- the complexity and precision of Islamic law;
- the meticulousness of our scholars.
- To admit:
- our own ignorance;
- the need for learning.
- For Ḥanafī students: Shurunbulali, Abu ‘l Ikhlas, Marāqi al-Saʿādāt: Ascent to Felicity. White Thread Press.
- For Shāfiʿī students: Keller, Nuh Ha Mim, al-Maqasid: Nawawi’s Manual of Islam. Amana Publications.
- For all students: al-Ghazali, Abu Hamid, Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship. The Islamic Foundation.
INSTRUCTOR, TIME, & VENUE
Jan. 14 – Apr. 21
Tuesdays, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Quad Room, Plano Masjid (IACC)
Successful completion or co-enrollment in FQH 101. The introductory course to the Marifa Program, MRF 101, is included as part of this course for those who have not taken it before. The contents of MRF 101 contextualize the entire curriculum of the Marifa Program, and are essential to orient the new student.
Students who have not fulfilled the prerequisite may audit the class. Click here to see our audit policy.
(for registered students only)
Lectures available through Taqwa Student Portal, use link of your selected track FQH102H / FQH102S
NOTE: it will require Microsoft login (please use the same you have provided to TaqwaIT).
- FQH102S Shāfiʿī student click here for Accessing FQH102S Lectures
- FQH102H Ḥanafī student click here for Accessing FQH102H Lectures
Please reach out TaqwaIT@planomasjid.org for any issue accessing audio lectures.
Email us: email@example.com