FIQH AND THE FOUR SCHOOLS
A History of Islamic Law and the Madhhabs
In this course the students will trace the development of Islamic Law from the era of the Prophet ﷺ through the early generations until the emergence of the Four Schools of Sunni Jurisprudence. Class discussion will include:
- Fiqh During the Era of the Prophet ﷺ
- Fiqh During the Era of the Companions
- Fiqh During the Era of the Successors
- The Life & Times of Imam Abū Ḥanīfa
- The Life & Times of Imam Mālik
- The Life & Times of Imam Shāfiʿī
- The Life & Times of Imam Aḥmad
- Causes of Disagreement Among Scholars
- Ijtihād & Taqlīd in Islamic Law
Philips, Abu Ameenah Bilal, Evolution of Fiqh, International Islamic Publishing House (IIPH).
Muhammad, Abu Zahra, The Four Imams, Dar al-Taqwa.
NOTE: Discounts are available for student who enroll in more than one class (click here for Discount policy)
Fee: $50 (non-refundable)
For financial aid, please email email@example.com
(for registered students only)
Lectures available through Taqwa Student Portal click here for Accessing FQH101 Lectures
NOTE: it will require Microsoft login (please use the same you have provided to TaqwaIT).
Please reach out TaqwaIT@planomasjid.org for any issue accessing audio lectures.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org